Read The Great Gatsby in the last few days. Never really felt the need to rush to the computer to write anything down. It was a proper tragedy, though, and for that reason I wish that it was more influential on American literature, but its influence seems to be limited to superficiality.
- “You notice the great, strange world!”
- Strive as Translator to Convey the Image
- Resting in knowledge “limpid as pure air”…
- The Holidays: Cowboys, Coffee, and Wily Odysseus
- Correcting Children
- “Bear with me: I am by nature inclined to anger.”
- Odysseus, that endured much, sleeps.
- Augustine’s Providential Digression
- Merlin’s Last Days, by Greg Krehbiel [Review]