Philologist, historian, and lover of great books, I started this blog to keep myself alert to the beauty of what I see amid the demands of my work.
- Envy, then incredulity—Pericles’ Funeral Oration
- His father ran to meet him
- Martial Nobility, Stubborn Commons
- More liberal applause for their destroyers than their benefactors
- Limbo Culture
- “You have some, Papa.”
- Motu Proprio “On the Offering of Life” (translation of Latin version)
- “You notice the great, strange world!”
- Strive as Translator to Convey the Image
- Resting in knowledge “limpid as pure air”…
- Argument: A Lost Art?
- Ten Days Left! Scholarships still available!
- Why is it called “Good Friday”?
- In Defense of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar
- Don’t Be Sad! There’s still time!
- Five More Days! Apply now!
- Less Than Two Weeks!
- Did Caesar really say, “Et tu, Brute?”
- Classical Greetings and Goodbyes
- Scholarship giveaway challenge!